Thursday, May 10, 2012

Greetings!

So, just like myself, this blog (I'm sure) will continue to be a work in progress!

Regardless of what is going on in my life - good or bad - I have always found joy and comfort in two seemingly simple experiences. The first being a GREAT outfit and the second being a GREAT meal.

Now in the past this meant a shopping trip (that was often followed with shopper's guilt) followed by reservations to a swanky restaurant downtown (which was also usually followed with sticker shock at my bill).

This pleasure, combined with studying abroad in the UK, earning my Master's degree, and getting married (all within a relatively short amount of time) definitely took it's toll on my bank account!
Needless to say I realized I would have to pull back on these "splurges" and find a way to get the same thrill without the heart palpitations at the end of the month!

Thanks to my mother, I learned the basics (and not so basics) of cooking at an early age and really enjoy (and am pretty damn good at, if I don't say so myself - which I just did, so there) making a great meal at home, something I wish to expand on as I experiment with grander ingredients, and trickier recipes. Now fashion on the other hand? That's something I have a love for, but also something I've only ever though could be PAID for, not made, and I want to change that.

So, after being introduced to the world-wide-web of blogging thanks to some amazing people (i.e. Molly Buckley - check out her great blog here: http://www.themollybuckley.com/) I realised just how many people out there are in the same situation as me! They see a great new style they want to try, but can't just rush out everytime they see something in a magazine they love and drop who knows how much on it...so, they just make it (or a version of it) themselves!

I want to keep my first entry relatively short and sweet, so I'll just say that this blog is my attempt to push myself for bigger and better and more creative when it comes to my cooking and now my clothing by taking the things I see, love, and want...and making them myself!

I already have a MILLION ideas and I hope you'll follow my journey into the world of DIY Food and Fashion.

Me and the Hubs
PS. I am the MOST unphotogenic person I know (no, seriously, my friends finally admitted this to me) so I decided to end this post with some of the only good pictures I have - my wedding photos (seeing as I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary) but moving forward lower your expectations :p

My Mom and I

My Dad and I

No comments:

Post a Comment